What is The Freight Process?
What is The Freight Process: Your search to know what freight process ends here. It is the process of coordinating and shipping goods from one destination to another. It could be using single or multiple carriers by road, rail, sea or air. Though freight forwarding was the worst hit sector during the COVID, experts predict it to grow at a CAGR of 2.8% from 2020 to 2026. Hence its market value is to reach 207 from 170 billion dollars from 2019 to 2026. Rising agreements between countries increase the trade volume to be the key driver of global growth. Also, with the demand for low-cost shipping rising, understanding customer preferences and the prompt reactions with logistical solutions like Go Freight Hub are primary drivers.
So, check out the many freight process steps; types 3PL services enable taking care of the cargo to reach the intended receiver.
The many steps of the freight process
After completing sourcing of goods and the supplier process, it is the freight process to move on the international front. Many steps in the freight forwarding process outline it for undergoing international trade. The freight forwarder will chart out the proper rules and travel options for the goods shipped from origin to receiver. Depending on the goods, it may include air, sea, rail or road transport. A freight process steps include.
- Export haulage is the first step of the freight process of moving the items from the shippers’ location to the warehouses of the best 3PL companies like Go Hazmat Hub to use their trucks to move them for a time-varying from a few hours to a few weeks.
- Items checkpoint is the second step after the export haulage is the 3PL companies to receive goods and check to ensure everything received is without any damages.
- Exchange custom clearance from the origin country is the next step in the process performed by custom agents by submitting details of the cargo with supporting documents.
- Import custom clearance is the fourth step, even before the shipment arrives in the destination country, to check the documents and get them cleared by the time it arrives.
- Step 5 is the arrival and handling of the cargo for the 3PL companies to receive the documents like carrier bills and take care of them without any damage during transit.
- Import haulage is the last step similar to the export haulage of processing cargo transport from the warehouse of the 3PL company to reach the receiver.
Types of freight forwarding market
There are four types of freight forwarding market that the best 3PL companies can provide include.
Packaging includes informing clients about any damage to the cargo on its arrival by the best 3PL company. And only upon the confirmation from the client can we provide the best crating and in-house packaging for the goods as per their specifications. Even packaging for dangerous cargo, non-regulated merchandise and perishables is possible. Also, the packaging ensures international compliance with the right containers, fumigated pallets, salvage drums, etc. Also, with regular inspection by the authorities, there is no issue of any non-compliance.
Prepare all essential documents for all goods that comply with the transport regulations without any issues.
- Warehousing & transportation
Storing the cargo in the warehouse and transporting it is one of the key functions for goods to reach their destination safely.
- Value-added services
Provide value-added services like last-mile delivery, reverse logistics, container drayage, oversized loading and others.
The above facts, steps and types of the freight process will convince you to use the best 3PL services like Go Freight Hub for delivering the goods at the receivers’ doorsteps safely and efficiently.
Also Read – Lucrative Job Options in the Financial Sector